Dune Riders International ( DRI ) was founded in 1995 to establish a foundation, provide guidelines and fairly govern competitive sandboarding at the amateur & professional levels on an international scale. DRI is the first and foremost advocate for the responsible use and preservation of our planet’s dune systems for recreational sandboarding and related activities for present and future generations.
DRI’s fundamental purpose, as set forth in its by-laws, is to seek and implement effective means to utilize and preserve the dune systems of the world as well as educate the public regarding the sport of sandboarding as a healthy, safe and fun activity for all peoples in all lands. Revenue is generated from membership, sponsorship, donations and licensing activities.
Dune Riders International: Dune Riders International ( DRI ) is supported by our members and 13 chapters internationally with affiliations in Australia, Mexico, Ireland, Morocco, France, Chile, Peru, Brasil, Argentina, England, South Africa, Namibia, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, and the United States. DRI is the first and formost organization for the preservation and” practical use of earths dune systems for recreational and competitive sandboarding.
Dune Riders International has adopted the following bylaws to guide it’s efforts:
1. DRI recognizes the biodiversity and ecological aspects of the earths dune systems noting they are precious and irreplaceable. Dune Riders International is committed to preserving natural living and non-living elements and ecological integrity of all dune environments.
2. DRI promotes the use of low-impact, free and open access to the world’s dune systems for all people. DRI acts to preserve this right of access for all mankind for current and future generations.
3. DRI has a mission to develope and enhance sandboarding opportunities in ways which will not adversely impact endangered flora fauna or the health of the d˛unes ecosystem noting sandboarding as a low impact bio-friendly activity in harmony with sand dune related recreation and enjoyment.
4. DRI believes environmental education is essential to the current and future health and responsible use of Earths sand dunes. Through instruction, demonstrations and exhibits, DRI seeks to develop and utilize educational materials that are informative, interesting & fun.
5. DRI strives to be accurate and nonpartisan in its communications with its members and the general public. DRI seeks to express the unique value inherent to sandboarding, individual expression, camaraderie, health benefits and appreciation for mankinds relationship with sand dunes.
6. DRI is a people based organization and only effective through tÍhe participation and support of ts members, directors, activities and affiliations. DRI activities emphasize the value of an involved membership and encourage all to keep active.
7. DRI welcomes all commercial enterprises to participate and support our worthy efforts. However, DRI will not permit sponsors to divert the organization from its stated mission or values.
8. DRI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or social status. DRI promotes the healthy enjoyment of the dune environments for ALL people of all nations.
9. DRI stives to maintain an international rules and rating system that is non-partial, realistic and safe. In turn, DRI is obligated to keep statistics and official recordsı as the worlds foremost competitive sandboard ranking system.To do so DRI relies on chapter members to turn in event scores in a timely manner.
10. DRI and its representatives, affiliations, chapters and members agree to abide by these principles and bylaws as they apply to sandboarding as well as the responsible use of our planet’s sand dunes to the best of their ability.
DRI offers a 3 level comprehensive sandboard instructors certification program and is open to all those interested in becoming a sandboard instructor.